LVSSA Basketball 2019-2020
- The entries for this year's Basketball competitions can be found below.
- Schools should organise their own fixtures.
- Please make contact early. If you are having trouble getting hold of a school for a fixture please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in good time.
- Schools should collaborate on using the most appropriate venue (a sportshall if possible) while still being considerate so that the travelling is shared around as evenly as possible. No school should play all of their games at home or away from home in any age group.
- All Competitions will follow a round robin format.
- Please note the Senior competition has an earlier deadline than the others.
- Results should be emailed to email@example.com by the winning side.
- All shields should be engraved and returned by Friday 14th February 2020.
Year 7 Deadline for year 7 games - Friday 27th March 2020
Deadline for year 8 games - Friday 27th March 2020
Deadline for year 9 games - Friday 27th March 2020
Deadline for year 10 games - Friday 27th March 2020
|1. St Mary's||0||0||0||0||0|
|2. Freman College||0||0||0||0||0|
|3. John Warner||0||0||0||0||0|
|5. Simon Balle||0||0||0||0||0|
Deadline for Senior games - Friday 14th Feb 2020
LVSSA League Rules
1) Standings will be decided on points total, then by head to head result. Points difference/Baskets scored will not be taken into consideration so there is absolutely no incentive for stronger teams to dominate against weaker opponents. Schools are absolutely encouraged to play to win but should be mindful that a game of Basketball should be enjoyable for all those involved. Please use your professional judgement and rotate players if games become one sided. Please select players accordingly if you know from previous years that there was a large disparity in the scoreline.
2) Duration of each match: 4 x 10 min quarters. Running clock apart from the last minute of each half.
3) In the event of a tie, 2 periods of 3 minutes of overtime should be played. If the result is still level, the match should be decided by sudden death overtime with a jump ball to begin.
4) If both teams are happy to do so, games can be ended as a tie.
5) If all mechanisms mentioned above are unable to separate teams in the final standings, first place will be shared. This can be avoided if over-time is played as required.
6) Five team fouls per quarter, 5 personal fouls per Match.
7) 1 time out per team, per quarter.
8) Each school to referee their own Matches, though the Host School should provide table officials.
9) Results should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the match by the winning side.
Roll of Honour
|2018-2019||Chauncy||Chauncy||Freman||St Marys||Simon Balle|